Monday, May 3, 2010

04/26/10 Daily Notes (Becthler Museum)

I was pleasantly surprised by the Bechtler Museum. Some of the artists that are on display, Edgar Degas, Andy Warhol, Joan MirĂ³, Henri Moore and Max Ernst, have influenced art for half a century, and I am honored to walk among their creations.

Max Ernst's Projet Pour un Monument a W.C. Fields, 1957 is creepy and fascinating. I'm not sure why I like it, perhaps. I am drawn to the eyes of the person in the center. I like the person's arched looking back, blowing skirt and the umbrella that looks turned inside out. It looks as though it is windy. This person, with a pale face, seems Asian to me. I also like the colors of this composition.





I am very impressed that the Bechtler has a Pablo Picasso, Femme au Chapeau, 1962. I'm not a huge fan of Picasso, but I feel everyone should experience his work. Although I fail to see beauty if this piece, I do see talent and I enjoy looking at it.










No comments:

Post a Comment