Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2/15/10 Class notes (Film)


Helvetica - I didn't know a font could be controversial. This is one of my favorite fonts.
I enjoyed the films we viewed because of my interest in marketing.
- David Carson I like his use of various fonts as a part of his graphic art projects. The words are interesting as art, not just a way to convey a written message.
-Stefan Sagmeister's work is truly inspiring as he creates fonts from trees, vines, duct work, paper cups, hole punches, etc. Lou Reed's cover with the writing on the face was awesome. You should really take time to go to his web site and check it out. http://www.sagmeister.com
"Supersize Me" was a good look at marketing at it's worst. It's sad that any given large consumable product manufacturer spends more to promote products that are bad for you than, money that is spent on healthy food choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment