Sunday, April 4, 2010

3/29/10 Daily Notes (Andy Goldsworthy)

I enjoyed the work by Andy Goldsworthy. His work with the ice that he shaped and sculpted looked beautiful as the sunlight radiated through it. It looked almost like actual lights. I appreciate the way he painstakingly created his art using only what he found on site.








When he began to create a project in the water at low tide, I couldn't see his vision. When I saw the shape which appeared to be a huge egg or pine cone, I loved it. I especially liked the way this project was recreated in different areas, such as the pasture where the alpine cows were able to interact with the shape.







The twig art work that was created at low tide was really neat. I couldn't wait to see what happened to it as the tide rolled in. I was hoping it would stay together and float for a while before breaking apart. When the teacher turned the video off, most of us had not seen enough.







The flowers attached to each other and placed in the water to drift with the current were quite peaceful and I wanted to watch them drift away. Looking at Goldsworthy's art has given me insight into my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment