Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Identity (First Project ) 1/27/10



One of my first memories is of the concrete steps on the side of our house. They are about seventy now, worn, and cracking, with re-bar showing through. When I was a toddler the jobke wat that I never walked down the steps, I rolled down them. Maybe I have brain damage. I remember being dressed for church, holding my little white pocketbook. It had three tear drops on it, pink, yellow and blue. I have tiny white blond pig tails. I take one step and it's a doozy. I must have gotten hurt, but I don't recall.

This concrete represents the steps I fell down so many times as a toddler, my father and my mother-in-law. I have the band-aids because I must have gotten hurt. My pocketbook and the pictures of me complete the picture.

I enjoyed this project, because it brought back memories of my childhood, my father and mother-in-law. I was able to convey my message in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment